Sharing Files Between OneDrive and Canvas
Learn how to use:
In order to upload files, such as assignments or lab reports, from OneDrive to the Canvas iPad app, it is necessary to tell OneDrive to open the file in Canvas.
Step 1: Occurs in OneDrive
- Open the OneDrive app.
- Tap the name of the file you wish to send to Canvas.
- At the top right of the screen, tap the ... icon.
- From the resulting list, select Open in Another App.
- From the resulting list, select Import with Canvas.
- The Canvas app will open and produce a File Received message. Tap OK.
Step 2: Occurs in Canvas
- Open the Canvas app if it is not open already.
- Navigate to the Course and Assignment to which you need to upload the file.
- At the top right, select the Submission tab.
- At the top left, select Turn In.
- A prompt window will open with circles at the bottom indicating pages.
- One finger swipe from right to left until you find the file transferred from OneDrive in the previous step.
- Click the upload icon to select the document for uploading.
- Click Submit at the top right of the screen to submit the assignment.
Downloading files from Canvas to OneDrive is very easy.
The following instructions outline how to download a file to OneDrive from Canvas.
- Select and preview the file you wish to move to OneDrive.
- Click the Share icon at the top right of the page.
- From the apps list, select Import with OneDrive.
- At the bottom of the resulting page, select Upload to OneDrive.
- Then select the folder in OneDrive to which the file should be saved.