The first step in accessing Dartmouth College resources online is to 'claim' your Dartmouth NetID. The claiming process will verify your identity, help you set an appropriate password for your account, and connect your account to Dartmouth's "Two-Factor Authentication" (2FA) solution, Duo.
To claim your account you will need your NetID. This is the number printed on your Dartmouth ID proceeded by the letter "d" or "f". If you do not know your NetID, you can look it up.
- Go to claim.dartmouth.edu and enter your NetID, last name and birthday. Then click submit.
- You may be confronted with a Dartmouth Web Authentication screen. If so, you will need to enter your NetID in the USERNAME field and your *current* Dartmouth.EDU password. If you do not remember your Dartmouth.EDU password, you will need to contact your help desk (see below) to have a temporary password assigned.
- On the next page, enter a password. While Dartmouth allows simple passwords due to our use of 2FA/Duo, we still suggest that Geisel users select a reasonably strong password or passphrase. The password setting tool will give you an indication of the relative strength of the password you've selected.Enter your new password twice and press submit.
- Once you have successfully answered the questions you will reach a confirmation page.
If you have your email already configured on a smart device, you will need to update the stored password on that device to the new password you set in step two. If you do not have email configured on a smart phone, iPad or tablet you do not need to do anything further.
For further assistance, please email your friendly IT Support Desk.
- Central Geisel School Users, please contact the Geisel Support office (Geisel.Computing.Support@Dartmouth.EDU) or by calling 603-650-1600.
- Users in the Norris Cotton Cancer Center should email csNCCC@Dartmouth.EDU.
- Users affiliated with The Dartmouth Institute (TDI) should contact TDI.Computing@Dartmouth.EDU.