Geisel’s web team has created a WordPress template-based website design to ensure consistency with the School’s established branding, as well as continuously updated security. The design, layout, and format will be prepopulated for any new websites. Those users with editing rights agree to the terms below.
- You are responsible for the content of your website.
- Any site hosted by Geisel should be used for official school business only.
- Please follow appropriate Dartmouth policies, including Information Technology Policy and Information Security Policy
- The Geisel Webmasters are available to assist with the creation and maintenance of your site. Use of outside web designers is prohibited without approval from Geisel Webmasters.
- Official Geisel web templates are provided. Significant changes to site design should not be made without the approval and assistance of Webmasters.
- Editing access may be rescinded or the site removed if policies are violated.
You may upload most forms of media to your WordPress website. However, as a site editor, please follow these guidelines:
- In regard to using media on your WordPress site, please follow Dartmouth's Copyright Policies and Guidelines. If you need approved images for your site, please contact Geisel Communications.
- Images should be optimized. Large high-resolution images should be between 60 and 100K and for smaller images 30K and lower. You can read more about WordPress image guidelines, here.
- Images must have text alternatives that describe the information or function they represent per ADA requirements.
- Videos should not be directly uploaded in the media section. Instead, embed the video into the page or post. Learn more about why and how to embed videos, here.
- Visit our Website Help page for best practices on viewing documents on the web.
The Geisel Web team reserves the right to make changes to any hosted website that it does not deem as appropriate content to the guidelines listed above, as well as suspending access rights to users who violate these policies.