In collaboration with the NIH STRIDES initiative, NIGMS is pleased to announce that Amazon Web Services (AWS) has designated $250,000 in AWS cloud credits through their Diagnostic Development Initiative (DDI) program, and another $250,000 in AWS cloud credits through AWS Cloud Credit for Research (CCR) program, for investigators from institutions supported by the IDeA program and NIGMS diversity enhancing programs who are interested in using cloud computing for their research.
More information about these programs and instructions for submitting applications are below:
- DDI and Application Instructions
The AWS DDI program is currently accepting applications through December 31, 2021, with priority consideration given to applications received before July 31, 2021.
The program is currently accepting applications around the following research areas:
- Early disease detection
- Public health genomics
DDI program recipients can also apply to receive technical expertise via AWS Professional Services (ProServe). ProServe works together with program recipients to provide assistance through a collection of offerings to help customers achieve specific outcomes related to enterprise cloud adoption.
Please visit the DDI website today to learn more about the DDI program, and see if your research could be eligible for AWS credits.
Important: When submitting an application for the DDI program, please place NIGMS in front of the project name (i.e. NIGMS – Project title). AWS DDI credits expire one (1) year from date issuance.
- CCR and Application Instructions
The AWS CCR program is currently accepting applications on a rolling basis through 2021.
Be sure to visit the AWS Cloud Credit for Research website to learn more about the CCR program, and learn if your research could be eligible for AWS credits. AWS CCR credits expire one (1) year from date issuance.
As a researcher, you will need to apply through the AWS CCR program website and be approved by AWS. Eligible applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
- Full-time faculty at an accredited research institution
- Full-time research staff at an accredited research institution
- Graduate, post-graduate, or PhD students enrolled at an accredited research institution
The AWS Public Sector Cloud Credit for Research Program supports researchers who seek to:
- Build cloud-hosted publicly available science-as-a-service applications, software, or tools to facilitate their future research and the research of their community
- Perform proof of concept or benchmark tests evaluating the efficacy of moving research workloads or open data sets to the cloud
- Train a broader community on the use of cloud for research workloads via workshops or tutorials
CCR criteria, T&Cs, FAQs, and additional information can be found here
Important: When submitting an application for the CCR program, please place NIGMS in front of the project name (i.e. NIGMS – Project title)
In addition, to learn more about the NIH STRIDES Initiative and additional cloud resources available to you as an NIGMS funded researcher, please visit cloud.nih.gov or contact STRIDES@nih.gov. If you have additional questions, please contact Dr. Matukumalli email@example.com.