Voluntary Faculty (Clinical and Adjunct Faculty Lines) Request Form
Use this form to request an appointment or reappointment in Clinical, Adjunct or Honorary Faculty Lines at the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth. Visit the Academic Appointments, Promotions, and Titles website for criteria related to these two faculty lines. All items must be completed by the applicant and reviewed by the Department Chair/Institute Director at Geisel before submitting this form to the Office of Faculty Affairs. Approval of the candidate’s application and credentials by the Department Chair/Institute Director is required for the voluntary faculty appointment to be granted.
Non-Faculty Academic (NFA) Appointment/Promotion Request
Use this form to request Dean of Faculty Affairs approval for an appointment or promotion to a Non-Faculty Academic rank (Research Associate, Research Fellow, Research Scientist, Distinguished Fellow). Visit the Non-Faculty Academic (NFA) Titles and Promotion page for criteria related to these appointments. Please allow a 14-day turnaround time for review.
Request for Consideration of Emeritus/a Status
Use this form to initiate a request for Emeritus/a status for a retiring faculty member. Visit the Emeritus/a Faculty page for criteria related to this status. The process commences with the departmental and/or program Chair providing written recommendation of emeritus/a status to the Dean of Geisel School of Medicine. This recommendation, supported by the candidate’s curriculum vitae, should clearly and specifically document the academic accomplishments and the value the individual has provided to the missions of the Medical School. The Dean, should they concur, will then make their own to the Provost. The change to emeritus/a status must be approved by the Provost, the President, and the Dartmouth College Board of Trustees.
Request for CV Review for Appointment or Promotion
Use this form to request Dean of Faculty Affairs review of a candidate’s credentials for appointment or promotion. Visit the Academic Appointments, Promotions, and Titles page for criteria related to academic titles, lines, and tracks. Please allow a 14-day turnaround time for review.
- Advocacy Portfolio Template
- Educator’s Portfolio Template
- Geisel CV Instructions for Faculty
- Geisel CV Instructions for Research Scientists
Faculty Template Offer Letters
Non-Faculty Academic Template Letters (Dartmouth College or DC Visiting)
- Template Research Associate A
- Template Research Associate B or C
- Template Research Associate Nonpaid Clinical
- Template Research Fellow
- Template Research Scientist
- Template Visiting NFA or Faculty (Non-paid)
Terms of Appointment Statements (Faculty and NFA; D-H, WRJ-VAMC)
- Terms of Appointment Statement - Instructor
- Terms of Appointment Statement - Instructor for Graduate Medical Education Resident-Fellow
- Terms of Appointment Statement - Assistant Professor
- Terms of Appointment Statement - Associate Professor or Professor
- Terms of Appointment Statement - VA
- Terms of Appointment Statement - Clinical Fellow (T32/NRSA)
- Terms of Appointment Statement - Research Associate (Clinical)
- Terms of Appointment Statement - Research Scientist (Clinical)
Staff Template Offer Letters
Visa Extension Letter Template