COVID-19 Information

You're Here! Now what?

Vehicle Registration (Department of Motor Vehicles)

Once you move to New Hampshire or Vermont, you have 60 days to register your car with your town/city office. If the vehicle is newer than 15 years old, you will need to provide a valid certificate of title.

Hanover Administrative Offices
41 South Main Street

Lebanon City Clerk
51 North Park Street

Certain transactions and registration may be completed at local satellite offices for Vermont residents. For more information, visit:

After the car is registered, you will have 10 days to get the car inspected by a local authorized car garage. It will cost around $50. You will receive a windshield sticker indicating the vehicle is safe for travel. The car will need to be re-inspected each year (during your birth month) and a new sticker will be applied.

For additional information on getting a license or registering your car, visit if you're living in NH or if you're living in VT.

Public Transportation

If you don't have a car, Hanover and the surrounding towns offer shuttle service through Advance Transit. The shuttles are free but not very efficient as they only go about once per hour and make several stops. Nonetheless, this can be a great way to get around and save on fuel costs.


Taxis are inconsistent in the Upper Valley. You might be lucky one night and wait only a few minutes, while another night you may end up waiting much longer. Taxi services in the area:

Big Yellow Taxi
Hanover: (603) 643-8294
VT: (802) 281-8294

Lebanon Livery Car Service(603) 448-7027

P & PS Twin State Taxi
White River Junction, VT
(802) 295-7878

Back to the Welcome Guide