Matthew M Wilson, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Director of Outpatient Palliative Care, DHMC
Director of Outpatient Palliative Care, White River Junction VA
Co-Director of Adult Schwartz Center Rounds, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
VitalTalk Senior Faculty
Coach - Geisel Student Coaching Program
2013-2014 Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship, University of Colorado Hospital, Denver, CO
2010-2013 Internal Medicine Internship/Residency, University of Colorado Hospital, Denver, CO
2010 MD, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH
2004 BS Biology, Allegheny College, Meadville, PA
1 Medical Center Dr.
Lebanon NH 03756
- Development of a palliative care registry and data interface for research, QI, and operational management
- Development and implementation of a pre-visit questionnaire and clinical dashboard to facilitate co-production of healthcare in outpatient palliative care
- Impact of palliative care interventions on care partners/caregivers
- Communication education and training
DHMC Hospice & Palliative Care Fellowship. Bedside Coaching: Pre-brief (communication workshop). Brief presentation on followed by 2hr of practice via role play.
DHMC Hospice & Palliative Care Fellowship. Sharing Prognosis (communication workshop).
DHMC HPM Fellowship. SICG – Setting up the conversation – drill-based skills development workshop for DHMC HPM fellows rolling with patient resistance to having a serious illness conversation.
DHMC HPM Fellowship. Discussing Artificial Nutrition and Hydration at the End of Life.
DHMC Hospice & Palliative Care Fellowship. Intro to HPM - overview of evidence base of effectiveness of palliative care on patient, family, and system outcomes.
• Weekly DHMC Hospice & Palliative Care Fellowship. Facilitation of “Wisdom Wednesday” – case-based review of communication challenges and facilitation of IDT-developed strategies which affect active patient care and development of communication principles, strategies, and skills.
• DHMC Hospice & Palliative Care Fellowship. Responding to Information vs Emotional vs Mixed Cues. Role play as patient, teaching communication skills, developed case and worked with Max to expand drills.
• DHMC Hospice & Palliative Care Fellowship. Prognostication – updated and presented 1hr interactive didactic on prognostication for HPM fellows and rotating residents (3hr revisions, 1 hr didactic)