Financial Aid Instructions
If you plan to apply for financial aid for the 2023-2024 year, the necessary application information is listed below and can also be found at our web site: http://geiselmed.dartmouth.edu/admin/fin_aid/policy/
The Financial Aid Office requests that you complete the forms and submit them as soon as possible after October 1, 2022, and before April 1, 2023.
- Geisel School of Medicine Financial Aid Application
- Completed each year by all students applying for financial aid.
- Available on our web site: http://geiselmed.dartmouth.edu/admin/fin_aid/apply/.
- Submit to the Geisel School of Medicine Financial Aid Office.
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Completed by students applying for federal aid (Direct Loans).
- Application is available online on the FAFSA website: https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.
- School code 002573, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH.
- You may complete a Renewal FAFSA online if you completed a FAFSA for the 2022-2023 year. First time applicants will receive a Personal Identification Number (PIN) from the U.S. Department of Education. Please keep this PIN accessible for next year's application.
- CSS PROFILE form
- Completed by students who are applying for institutional need-based aid for the first time.
- Application can be completed at https://student.collegeboard.org/css-financial-aid-profile. You will want to select Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth (CSS Code: 2314).
- Copy of student's physically signed 2021 Federal Tax Return (including all schedules and W-2 wage statements) via College Board IDOC Portal
- Submitted via the College Board IDOC portal by all students applying for aid. If you did not file, you may submit the non-filer statement available via IDOC.
- Copy of parent's physically signed 2021 Federal Tax Return (including all schedules and W-2 wage statements) via College Board IDOC Portal
- Submitted via the College Board IDOC portal by students applying for institutional aid (Scholarship, Geisel School Loan/DELC loans).
- Direct Loan Application (to be completed electronically once you decide on a school)
- Both the Entrance Interview and Master Promissory Note can be found at www.studentloans.gov.