QBS Students have access to many career development resources though the Center for Professional Development (CPD), Guarini, and Tuck. Review links to reference material on this page before seeking guidance from a career development professional listed below.
PhD students: Mentors and Kerry Landers
MS students: Chandlee Bryan and Monica Espinoza
All QBS students have access to the Handshake portal and resources at CPD.
New! Dartmouth Libraries career guide for Quantitative Biomedical Sciences
Center for Professional Development
For best results, complete your Handshake profile to receive search results customized to your interests.
Geisel School of Medicine
Guarini School of Advanced and Graduate Studies
- General information about career services
- CVs and resumes
- Interview practice and technique
- Non-academic jobs
Thayer School of Engineering
QBS students are not eligible for assistance through Thayer Career Services, but they can review the online reference material.
- Thayer career fair
- Job and internship search
- Industry-specific resources
- Visa and employment information fo F-1 visa holders
- International QBS students are eligible for non-Dartmouth internships through Curricular Practical Training (CPT) when enrolled in QBS 185 QBS Masters Capstone Experience.
- CPD resources for international students
Employment for MS students
- QBS faculty are great resources for securing part-time employment. Please be sure to indicate your student status, your background, and interests when emailing faculty. Include your resume/CV.
- Review listings at the Student Employment Office.
- Students at Dartmouth on the F-1 visa may work a maximum of 20 hours per week when classes are in session and full-time when classes are not in session. The employer must be Dartmouth College. It may not be Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center.
- US citizens and permanent residents do not have employment limitations.