Advising Program Overview
Through the Office of Student Affairs, students at the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth receive advising. The Associate Deans for Student Affairs, Drs. Matthew Duncan and Roshini Pinto-Powell, are the Student Affairs advisors. The Associate Deans work closely with students to offer support through the medical school experience.
The Advising and Wellness Coordinator, Caitlin Maher, is your primary contact for setting up advising appointments with the Associate Deans for Student Affairs. To set up an advising appointment, please contact Caitlin by email (Caitlin.Maher@Dartmouth.edu) or visit Remsen 302A.
- Application for Off-Site Medical Student Research Fellowships
- Research and Other Scholarly Activities Experience Information Form
- Medical Student Advising Canvas Page
- Contains year-by-year advising information, specialty information, requesting a letter of recommendation process, etc.
- Student Opportunities Database
- Pre-vetted database of internal and external clinical, research, and shadowing opportunities that align with the Geisel academic calendar.
|Associate Deans for Student Affairs||Matthew Duncan, MD
Roshini Pinto-Powell, MD
|Associate Dean for Diversity and Inclusion||Stephanie White, MD, FAAP
|Associate Dean for Year 1||Virginia Lyons, PhD
|Associate Dean for Year 2||David Nierenberg, MD
|Associate Dean for Clinical Education
(Year 3 & 4)
|John Dick III, MD
|Interim Director of Residency Advising
|Alison Holmes, MD, MPH