Students at the Geisel School of Medicine receive advising from a supportive community of coaches, Deans, and mentors. Through the coaching program, students will meet with their faculty coach for the duration of their studies at Geisel. Learn more about the Medical Student Coaching Program.
In the Office of Student Affairs, students can meet with the Associate Dean for Student Affairs and Student Services and the Director of Student Affairs for advising around the medical school experience, AAMC’s Careers in Medicine, and more.
In the Office of Clinical Education, students can meet with the Associate Dean for Student Affairs Career Advising and Associate Dean of Clinical Education for advising around the clinical education experience, residency, and more.
- Application for Off-Site Medical Student Research Fellowships
- Research and Other Scholarly Activities Experience Information Form
- Medical Student Advising Canvas Page
- Contains year-by-year advising information, specialty information, requesting a letter of recommendation process, etc.
- Student Opportunities Database
- Pre-vetted database of internal and external clinical, research, and shadowing opportunities that align with the Geisel academic calendar.
|Associate Deans for Student Affairs||T.B.A.|
|Associate Dean for Diversity and Inclusion||T.B.A.|
|Associate Dean for Pre-Clinical Education (Year 1& 2)||Virginia Lyons, PhD
|Associate Dean for Clinical Education (Year 3 & 4)||John Dick III, MD
|Associate Dean for Student Affairs Career Advising||Alison Holmes, MD, MPH
|Director of Student Affairs||Taryn Weinstein, MS