The application process begins in September each year and runs through March. Application review begins on 1st December on a rolling basis.
All supporting documentation (transcripts, letters of recommendation, GRE standard scores, TOEFL scores for international students, application fees) must be received by the specified deadline(s) below for the program.
Fee waivers available
PhD Program: Closed
Master's Program for Fall 2020: Closed
Master's Program for Fall 2021:
1st Deadline: December 1st, 2020
The application for Fall 2021 will be available this August. Join our mailing list below to be notified as soon as the application opens!
The application process is quick and easy through our online portal. More information is provided below about required supporting materials. Please also refer to the Guarini School of Graduate Studies page: Applying to Dartmouth.
- Personal Statement (Application Essay) describing your personal and scientific interests, career goals.
- Official College transcripts (undergraduate and graduate)
- Official GRE standard exam scores (verbal, quantitative, analytical writing) from ETS (subject exams not required). Only reports sent by ETS to QBS will be accepted - no photocopies
- Official TOEFL (for international students who do not have a degree from an English speaking institution) exam scores from ETS. Only reports sent by ETS to QBS will be accepted - no photocopies. We will also accept IELTS scores with band scores of 7.0 or higher.
- Three letters of recommendation
All support materials must be received by the application deadline to be considered. If mailing materials such as transcripts, DO NOT send to the Dartmouth College Admissions Office. That office is for applications to the undergraduate college only.
Up-to-date information with the new SEVIS regulations can be found at the following locations:
A very helpful site is EducationUSA Centers. You will find locations of the EducationUSA advising centers near you. We encourage you to visit the site for helpful information on applying to graduate schools as well as traveling to the U.S.
Inquiries and Mailing Addresses
Questions regarding applications, program requirements, etc. should be directed to the QBS Program (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Support materials should be mailed to:
Graduate Studies Dartmouth College 37 Dewey Field Road Suite 6062, Room 437 Hanover, NH 03755-1419