The application process begins in September each year and runs through March. Application review begins on 1st December on a rolling basis.
All supporting documentation (transcripts, letters of recommendation, GRE standard scores, TOEFL scores for international students, application fees) must be received by the specified deadline(s) below for the program.
Fee Waivers available for applications submitted before December 1st
PhD Program: December 1st, 2019
1st Deadline: Dec 1st, 2019 (submit by this deadline to be considered for additional merit scholarships)
2nd Deadline: Feb 1st, 2020
The application process is quick and easy with the online program. Simply click on "Apply Here" button below to enter the application program and the program will take you through each step of the process. The online application program includes downloadable forms for letters of recommendation for those who can not submit letters of recommendation online. The mailing address is listed below. Apply Here
- Personal Statement (Application Essay) describing your personal and scientific interests, career goals.
- Official College transcripts (undergraduate and graduate)
- Official GRE standard exam scores (verbal, quantitative, analytical writing) from ETS (subject exams not required). Only reports sent by ETS to QBS will be accepted - no photocopies
- Official TOEFL (for international students who do not have a degree from an English speaking institution) exam scores from ETS. Only reports sent by ETS to QBS will be accepted - no photocopies. We will also accept IELTS scores with band scores of 7.0 or higher.
- Three letters of recommendation
All support materials must be received by the application deadline to be considered. If mailing materials such as transcripts, DO NOT send to the Dartmouth College Admissions Office. That office is for applications to the undergraduate college only.
Up-to-date information with the new SEVIS regulations can be found at the following locations:
A very helpful site is EducationUSA Centers. You will find locations of the EducationUSA advising centers near you. We encourage you to visit the site for helpful information on applying to graduate schools as well as traveling to the U.S.
Inquiries and Mailing Addresses
Questions regarding applications, program requirements, etc. should be directed to the QBS Program (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Support materials should be mailed to:
Graduate Studies Dartmouth College 37 Dewey Field Road Suite 6062, Room 437 Hanover, NH 03755-1419