Dartmouth’s Quantitative Biomedical Sciences (QBS) master’s and doctoral degrees are innovative interdisciplinary programs that are preparing elite professionals to solve complex biomedical challenges. Our students benefit from world-class facilities, renowned faculty, and cutting-edge theory that foster academic and professional excellence.
Students interested in applying to one of the QBS degree programs can do so conveniently through our Guarini School of Graduate and Advanced Studies online application portal. The application period begins in August and runs through March. All application reviews begin on December 1 and continue on a rolling basis.
QBS Application Deadlines:
PhD Program (Fall 2021 Start): December 1, 2020
Read more about the admissions requirements for the QBS PhD degree program.
Master's Program (Fall 2021 Start): December 1, 2020 (first deadline)
See the complete admissions requirements for the QBS master’s degree programs.
Application fees automatically waived. Scholarships available for the MS Program.
Now Open - Application for Fall 2021
The application system is now open for the PhD program as well as for the MS in Health Data Science, Epidemiology, and Medical Informatics concentrations. For frequently asked questions about the application process, please refer to the Guarini School of Graduate Studies Application FAQs.Apply Here
Required Supporting Application Materials
In addition to completing the online Dartmouth application, students applying to a QBS program must also submit the following required materials.
- Personal Statement (Application Essay) describing your personal and scientific interests and career goals. Note: Upload your essay where indicated within the "Quantitative Biomedical Sciences" section of the application. Do not upload within the "Application Essay" section of the application.
- Upload a copy of official college transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate coursework to the application. Official transcripts will be required should an offer be made to the applicant.
- GRE scores are optional for the Fall 2021 QBS admissions cycle. If you would like your GRE scores considered with your application, please include unofficial score reports with your application. If admission is granted and you chose to submit GRE scores, official test scores will be required from Educational Testing Services for verification purposes. WES evaluations are acceptable, however, official documents will be required should an offer be made to the applicant.
- Official TOEFL (for international students who do not have a degree from an English speaking institution) exam scores from ETS. Only reports sent by ETS to QBS will be accepted - no photocopies. We will also accept IELTS scores with band scores of 7.0 or higher. TOEFL MyBestScores are also accepted.
- Three letters of recommendation.
In order to be eligible for admission consideration, the online application, application fees, and all supporting materials must be received by the QBS team by the specified deadlines for the program.
Application Materials Mailing Address
If mailing in materials such as transcripts, DO NOT send to the Dartmouth College Admissions Office. That office is for applications to the undergraduate college only and doing so may result in delays in processing your application.
Questions regarding applications, program requirements, etc. should be directed to the QBS Program (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applicants to the QBS master’s and doctoral programs can submit the supplemental application materials to the following address:
Guarini School of Graduate and Advanced Studies
Anonymous Hall, Room 102
64 College Street, Suite 6062
Hanover, NH 03755
Graduate Fellowships and Scholarships
Financial assistance is available to eligible students applying to the QBS programs. All QBS PhD students receive a fellowship; learn more about specific details of the QBS Dartmouth Fellowship program.
QBS master’s students are eligible for a scholarship awarded in each term of the program. Review the QBS master’s degree tuition rates and financial aid opportunities.
Visa Information for International Students
The Office of Visa and Immigration Services at Dartmouth (OVIS) works diligently to support the presence and success of international students at Dartmouth. OVIS also provides up-to-date information regarding current SEVIS regulations.
An additional resource for international applicants are the EducationUSA Centers that are located in U.S. embassies and consulates, as well as partner institutions worldwide. It is encouraged that international applicants visit these sites to find additional helpful information about applying to graduate schools and advisories about traveling to the United States.
Contact the QBS Team
The QBS team is ready and excited to help you navigate the graduate admissions process. Any questions regarding applications or program requirements can be directed to the QBS Program at email@example.com.
Lead the Future of Quantitative Biomedical Sciences at Dartmouth - Apply Now
Dartmouth’s Quantitative Biomedical Sciences master’s and PhD degree programs offer an unrivaled Ivy League academic experience and a tight-knit community that will support your success. Get started innovating the future of Quantitative Biomedical Sciences by submitting your application.