COVID-19 Information

Flow Chart: Hiring Non-Faculty Academic Personnel

You have landed here because you would like to hire non-faculty academic personnel.

Once the Request to Hire is approved:

  1. Determine/justify the appropriate employment classification:
    • Research Associate
    • Research Fellow
    • Research Scientist
    • Visiting Paid
    • Visiting Non-Paid
  2. Prepare draft offer letter based on template document, found here.
  3. Submit offer letter to Dean of Faculty Affairs with candidate's CV.
  4. Once approved by Dean of Faculty Affairs, send offer letter to candidate.
  5. If candidate accepts and start date is confirmed, concurrently submit:
    • DAB Form Request with CV and signed offer letter
    • PASF
  6. Once both DAB and PASF are approved, candidate is hired.