Information for Registrars
These are comprehensive sources of information relating to manuals used in the collection of cancer information and reporting cancer cases to the NH State Cancer Registry.
- NHSCR Data Collection Manual 2021
- 2018 Solid Tumor Rules (SEER)
- SEER Summary Stage 2018
- Site Specific Data Items/Grade
- NAACCR Data Standards and Data Dictionary
- Hematopoietic and Lymphoid Neoplasm Case Reportability and Coding Manual
- WebPlus Instructions
- WebPlus Training Materials
- Historic Data Collection Manuals
The NHSCR newsletters aim to keep registrars informed of registry activities and updates.
- NHSCR Report - Winter/Spring 2021
- NHSCR Report - Summer/Fall 2020
- NHSCR Report - Winter/Spring 2020
- NHSCR Report - Spring 2019
- NHSCR Newsletters 2004-2018
NH Cancer Statistics
NH cancer statistics are based on registry data provided by our hospitals and non-hospital facilities.
Web-based services for file uploading and rapid case reporting are available to reporting facilities. The NHSCR uses WebPlus to provide secure transmission of confidential information. A Windows XP or Windows 2000 computer is required. A user ID and password are required to access the web site. Hospital staff should contact us to get a user ID and password.
Information for physicians, freestanding oncology clinics, path labs, and other non-hospital facilities can be found under Reporting for Non-Hospital.
Please contact us if you would like more information on reporting requirements.
Each year, the NHSCR organizes training events for NH hospital registrars, including the NAACCR webinar series hosted by local hospitals. The NHSCR staff members are available by phone or email to answer individual questions about reporting requirements and practical issues. Registrars should also check regional and national organizations for other training opportunities. Some useful links are provided here.
NHCSR subscribes to the NAACCR Cancer Registry & Surveillance webinar series so that NH hospital registrars may participate. We encourage NH hospital registrars to host these events. If interested, please contact us.
- 10/03/19 Breast Wilson Apollo, CTR, Radiation Therapist and Jim Hofferkamp, CTR
- 11/07/19 Bladder Iris Chilton, CTR, Alberta Cancer Registry and Jim Hofferkamp, CTR
- 12/05/19 Base of Tongue/Head and Neck Wilson Apollo, CTR, Radiation Therapist and Jim Hofferkamp, CTR
- 01/09/20 Prostate Bobbi Matt, BS, RHIT, CTR State Health Registry of Iowa and Jim Hofferkamp, CTR
- 02/06/20 SSDI’s: An In-Depth Look Jennifer Ruhl, CTR, Chair SSDI WG, Public Health Analyst NIH/NCI SEER, and Jim Hofferkamp, CTR
- 03/05/20 Abstracting and Coding Boot Camp Jim Hofferkamp, CTR
- 04/02/20 Melanoma Denise Harrison, CTR and Louanne Currence, CTR
- 05/07/20 Central Nervous System Denise Harrison, CTR and Louanne Currence, CTR
- 06/11/20 Esophagus Tonya Brandenburg, CTR Kentucky Cancer Registry
- 07/09/20 Navigating the 2020 Survey Application Record (SAR) Cynthia Boudreaux, LPN, CTR, Owner/Consultant CB Professional Abstracting
- 08/06/20 Corpus Uteri Denise Harrison, CTR and Louanne Currence, CTR
- 09/03/20 Coding Pitfalls Janet Vogel, Compliance and Quality Auditor/Educator-Cancer Registry himagine solutions, inc.
As an added option, recordings of the webinars are made available approximately two weeks after the live viewing. If you would like access to the recordings, please contact us for required login information.