Information for Registrars
These are comprehensive sources of information on publications and materials relating to cancer registry processes.
- NHSCR Data Collection Manual 2016
- Collaborative Staging and Coding Manual
- Multiple Primary and Histology Coding Rules Manual
- NAACCR Data Standards and Data Dictionary
- Hematopoietic and Lymphoid Neoplasm Case Reportability and Coding Manual
- WebPlus Instructions
- WebPlus Training Materials
The NHSCR newsletters aim to keep registrars informed of registry activities and updates.
NH Cancer Statistics
NH cancer statistics are based on registry data provided by our hospitals and non-hospital facilities.
Web-based services for file uploading and rapid case reporting are available to reporting facilities. The NHSCR uses WebPlus to provide secure transmission of confidential information. A Windows XP or Windows 2000 computer is required. A user ID and password are required to access the web site. Hospital staff should contact us to get a user ID and password.
Information for physicians, freestanding oncology clinics, path labs, and other non-hospital facilities can be found under Reporting for Non-Hospital.
Please contact us if you would like more information on reporting requirements.
Each year, the NHSCR organizes training events for NH hospital registrars, including the NAACCR webinar series hosted by local hospitals. The NHSCR staff members are available by phone or email to answer individual questions about reporting requirements and practical issues. Registrars should also check regional and national organizations for other training opportunities. Some useful links are provided here.
NHCSR subscribes to the NAACCR Cancer Registry & Surveillance webinar series so that NH hospital registrars may attend. NH hospital registrars who would like to host these events are encouraged to contact us.
- Mar 1 - Abstracting and Coding Boot Camp: Cancer Case Scenarios
- Apr 5 - Collecting Cancer Data: Pancreas
- May 3 - Directly Coded Stage
- June 7 - Collecting Cancer Data: Thyroid and Adrenal Gland
- July 12 - Hospital Cancer Registry Operations-Topic TBD
- Aug 2 - Multiple Primary and Histology Rules
- Sept 6 - Coding Pitfalls
Please phone (603-653-6630) or contact us for more information or to host or register for any of these webinars. Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis.