The DMS Department of Anatomy is primarily a teaching department, though several of its members conduct research in other fields. The Department is responsible for teaching three courses in the required DMS Year 1 curriculum, and periodically offers electives and special courses for other groups of students within the Dartmouth community. The Anatomical Gifts Program, administered by the Department, allows New Hampshire and Vermont residents the opportunity to donate their bodies for research and teaching.
Department faculty and staff explicitly aim to:
- assist our Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center and Dartmouth College colleagues with their anatomical teaching and research needs;
- interact collegially with faculty, staff, and students;
- foster collaborative learning among students;
- improve continually the efficiency of learning for our students; and
- share our teaching and learning techniques with the intellectual community at large.