Believing that general pediatrics is foundational to providing comprehensive care in any setting, we foster
- the ability to manage complexity
- the courage to tolerate uncertainty, and
- the moral clarity to engage in advocacy.
Collaborating with colleagues, we devise, evaluate, and implement innovative strategies for professionals at the top of their qualifications to deliver
- the best care = safe, effective, timely, and valued by patients and families
- in the right place = as close to home as possible
- every time = with high reliability.
We hold trainees accountable to high standards, entrusting each individual with increasing autonomy only when she or he demonstrates competence and ownership. We hold ourselves accountable to rigorous teaching and scholarship, prioritizing that which has the greatest impact on child health.