This document was originally created, reviewed and approved by the Dean’s Academic Board and the Faculty Council on June 26, 2020.
This document is promulgated to facilitate an orderly process of governance operations of The Geisel School of Medicine (Geisel) at Dartmouth College (Dartmouth). It describes an organizational framework within which the Administration and the individual members of the Faculty and the Staff serve to advance the development of programs, policies and procedures that support the educational and research missions of the Medical School. Such governance rests within larger institutional responsibilities that may be imposed by Dartmouth and by Geisel’s primary clinical partners (Dartmouth-Hitchcock, D-H, and the White River Junction Veterans’ Affairs Medical Center, White River Junction VAMC), and other affiliated health systems as defined by Geisel’s affiliation agreements with our clinical academic partners.
These protocols shall govern the daily operation of the Medical School under the authority of the Dean, subject to the limitations of Article I. If any portion of these protocols and policies shall, at any time, be deemed illegal or unenforceable, the remainder shall remain in full force and effect.
- ARTICLE I: Structure, Governance and Officers of the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
- ARTICLE II: Operations of the Geisel School of Medicine
- ARTICLE III: Responsibilities and Expectations of Senior Leadership at Geisel
- ARTICLE IV: Appointment Processes for Leadership Positions at Geisel
- ARTICLE V: The Faculty at Geisel
- ARTICLE VI: Standing and Other Committees of Geisel
- ARTICLE VII: Performance Reviews
- ARTICLE VIII: Faculty Affairs Website
- ARTICLE IX: Amendment Procedure
- APPENDIX 1: Officers of the Geisel Administration
- APPENDIX 2: Departments of the School of Medicine