Prior to the morning biopsy session:
- Review all cases - imagecast, eDH(and insert pre-procedure note(template .mampl) in EDH for staff to cosign).
- Consider modality, approach, needle type, risks, challenges and complete procedure sheet
- Discuss any questions with staff who will be performing the biopsy and confirm modality/approach/needle on procedure sheet with staff
- Packets with the printed images and biopsy planning sheet can be found on the cart in the mammo tech area.
On the morning of the biopsy:
- Review final biopsy plan with staff
- Consent patient (if not already done)
- For US biopsies, scan the lesion of interest and plan the route of approach