- Go to Patient Station and type in the medical record number for the patient.
- Then select "Admission" Encounter with the "Admitted" status. If the status is not "Admitted" you will need to call Patient Placement at extension 55987 AND REQUEST A "VIRTUAL BED". Do not start the orders until the "Admitted" section is there.
- Then go to the Admission tab (blue column) and click.
- In the white column click on "Admit Order Reconciliation". Then follow steps 1-5 at the top of the screen.
- Sign and hold orders with the Phase of Care " Recovery Hospital Unit."
Helpful Order Sets:
- Angio post procedure set
- PCA order set
- General Surgery Admission Set (Good order set; just omit what we would not use)
- Coiling Order Set
- Insulin Order Set
- drain / tube care orders
- foley care