Financial Aid Instructions
If you plan to apply for financial aid for the 2016-2017 year, the necessary application information is listed below.
The Financial Aid Office requests that you complete the forms and submit them as soon as possible after October 1, 2016, and before April 15, 2017.
- Geisel School of Medicine Financial Aid Application
- Completed each year by all students applying for financial aid.
- Available on our web site.
- Hard copies available in the Geisel School of Medicine Financial Aid Office or on the last page of the Financing Medical School brochure.
- Submit to the Geisel School of Medicine Financial Aid Office.
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Completed by students applying for federal aid (Stafford/Perkins Loans).
- Applications can be completed online (without downloading) at FAFSA's web site: www.fafsa.ed.gov. Click on "Fill out a FAFSA" (available for Mac or personal computers).
- School code 002573, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH.
- You may complete a Renewal FAFSA online if you completed a FAFSA for the 2016-2017 year. First time applicants will receive a Personal Identification Number (PIN) from the U.S. Department of Education. Please keep this PIN accessible for next year's application.
- Copy of student's physically signed 2015 Federal Tax Return (including all schedules and W-2 wage statements)
- Submitted to the Geisel School of Medicine Financial Aid Office by all students applying for aid. If you did not file, please let us know.
- Copy of parent's physically signed 2015 Federal Tax Return (including all schedules and W-2 wage statements)
- Submitted to the Geisel School of Medicine Financial Aid Office by students applying for institutional aid (Scholarship, Geisel School Loan/Perkins/DELC loans).
- CSS PROFILE form
- Completed by students who are applying for institutional need-based aid
- Application can be completed at https://student.collegeboard.org/css-financial-aid-profile. You will want to select Dartmouth College (CSS Code: 3351)
- Stafford Application (to be completed electronically once you decide on a school)
- Both the Entrance Interview and Master Promissory Note can be found at www.studentloans.gov.