Financial Aid Instructions
If you plan to apply for financial aid for the 2018-2019 year, the necessary application information is listed below and can also be found at our web site: http://geiselmed.dartmouth.edu/admin/fin_aid/policy.shtml
The Financial Aid Office requests that you complete the forms and submit them as soon as possible after October 1, 2017, and before April 15, 2018.
- Geisel School of Medicine Financial Aid Application
- Completed each year by all students applying for financial aid.
- Available on our web site.
- Hard copies available in the Geisel School of Medicine Financial Aid Office or on the last page of the Financing Medical School brochure.
- Submit to the Geisel School of Medicine Financial Aid Office.
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Completed by students applying for federal aid (Stafford/Perkins Loans).
- Applications can be completed online (without downloading) at FAFSA's web site: www.fafsa.ed.gov. Click on "Fill out a FAFSA" (available for Mac or personal computers).
- School code 002573, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH.
- You may complete a Renewal FAFSA online if you completed a FAFSA for the 2017-2018 year. First time applicants will receive a Personal Identification Number (PIN) from the U.S. Department of Education. Please keep this PIN accessible for next year's application.
- Copy of student's physically signed 2016 Federal Tax Return (including all schedules and W-2 wage statements)
- Submitted to the Geisel School of Medicine Financial Aid Office by all students applying for aid. If you did not file, please let us know.
- Copy of parent's physically signed 2016 Federal Tax Return (including all schedules and W-2 wage statements)
- Submitted to the Geisel School of Medicine Financial Aid Office by students applying for institutional aid (Scholarship, Geisel School Loan/Perkins/DELC loans).
- CSS PROFILE form
- Completed by students who are applying for institutional need-based aid
- Application can be completed at https://student.collegeboard.org/css-financial-aid-profile. You will want to select Dartmouth College (CSS Code: 3351)
- Stafford Application (to be completed electronically once you decide on a school)
- Both the Entrance Interview and Master Promissory Note can be found at www.studentloans.gov.