How to Register for Electives and Sub-Internships in Years 3 and 4
Geisel School of Medicine Established Electives and Sub-Internships
- These are requested through OASIS (Online Access to Student Information and Scheduling)
- For questions regarding accessing OASIS, please contact the Geisel Registrar's Office
Geisel School of Medicine Non-Established Electives and Sub-Internships
- Complete the Geisel School of Medicine Non-Established Elective / Sub-I Application
Away Electives and Sub-Internships (including those approved via VSAS/VSLO)
- Complete the required paperwork for the away site
- Once accepted by the away site, complete the Geisel School of Medicine Non-Established Elective / Sub-I Application
- Read Important Information and Issues Regarding the "Away" Rotation
International Electives and Sub-Internships
- Complete the requirements for the away site
- Once accepted by the away site, complete the Geisel School of Medicine Non-Established Elective / Sub-I Application. Please note that the Program Acknowledgement, Release and Indemnification Agreement, and the Emergency Contact forms are required when submitting the application.
- Students registered for an international elective are required to attend a pre-departure session provided by the Center for Health Equity. To help maximize the quality of your international experience this session provides important training on safety and security, cross cultural competency, and professionalism and ethics.
VSAS (Visiting Student Application Service) / VSLO (Visiting Student Learning Opportunities)
- Invitations issued to Year 3 students in December/January
- Instructions from VSAS will follow
- Once approved for a rotation, complete the Geisel School of Medicine Non-Established Elective / Sub-I Application
- VSAS - VSLO Student Essentials Guide
You must be registered through the Geisel School of Medicine 4 weeks BEFORE any rotation starts. If you are NOT registered on OASIS, you will not be covered by liability insurance.
All non-established electives and sub-internships must be approved by the Associate Dean for Clinical Education and registered with the Geisel Registrar's Office prior to the start date. Failure to complete this registration process prior to starting the rotation will be considered a breach of professionalism and be referred to the Committee on Student Performance and Conduct (CSPC).