We, the Office of Student Services and Diversity, Inclusion, and Community Engagement (DICE), encourage our students at Geisel School of Medicine to lead balanced lives, creating a harmonious circle of health and wellness that ultimately benefits their patients and them. Our mission is to create a supportive environment in which students can flourish as they transition into medical professionals who are caring, compassionate, and responsible world citizens. We achieve our mission by:
- Creating a community that honors the diverse backgrounds of our students, faculty, and administrators;
- Coordinating educational programs that complement the curriculum;
- Serving as student advocates within the Dartmouth community and beyond;
- Initiating programs that teach our students to be culturally versatile and practice medicine appropriately in the world as it exists today;
- Providing academic, personal, and career counseling;
- Introducing opportunities for socially responsible human service activities on a local, national, and international scale;
- Fostering leadership skills by working to bring student-generated ideas to fruition, facilitating the expression of their creativity and passion; and
- Assuring that Geisel is in compliance with the LCME and AAMC guidelines regarding student life.
Through these efforts, we strive to foster in each student a sense of social and professional responsibility that engenders the trust and confidence of the public and complements the exceptional clinical training for which graduates of Geisel are known.
We are equally committed to providing our staff with a work environment that is grounded in fairness and opportunities for personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of our department. Our staff will be treated with kindness and respect that they are expected to share with each medical student and community member with whom they have contact.