Internships should provide students with meaningful projects that highlight core skill sets and competencies within statistical data science. We seek a collaborative relationship with partners, working together in the Fall during the Recruitment process to establish placements, while utilizing the remaining Winter and Spring terms to identify potential projects, conduct company & market analysis, and narrow applicable conceptual models that might be appropriate for the questions partners want our students to help assess.
|Winter||Identification of project(s) & objectives|
|Spring||Finalize internship logistical details, projects, & responsibilities|
|Summer||Internship: Application of statistical data science core competencies to company data and contextual information; submission of written case report & oral presentation|
Corporate Internship Partners
Our Corporate Internship Partners (CIPs) collaborate with QBS students to offer the following: projects in applied data science and quantitative training, real-time scope of the challenges and questions in companies/markets of interest, and access to professional development. CIPs partners agree to:
- Provide an internship experience for at least 10 weeks from June to August- paid or unpaid
- Pay rate is at the discretion of the employer
- Housing or transportation support is not required
- Work diligently with QBS students and course directors to define company needs/objectives & identify data science projects
- Define the details and responsibilities of projects at least two months before the start of the internship
- Ensure necessary access to data is available once the student is onsite
- Provide mentor-ships and direction once the student is onsite
- Participate in feedback mechanisms designed to evaluate: student performance, QBS training, and your organization's level of satisfaction with the partnership
- Participation in our Recruitment Program is not necessary but is strongly preferred.
- Communicate annually to indicate if there will be internship or career placement opportunities for QBS students. Note: There is no commitment to employ QBS students each year.
If you are interested in becoming a CIP, please contact Shaniqua.A.Jones@dartmouth.edu.