Data Science in Healthcare (Online Certificate Program)
The volume of data generated by hospitals, health systems, medical staff, and patients is driving an urgent need for expertly trained analysts who can get the data right. Analytical skills are as essential in an epidemic as they are in everyday wellness care, as vital for patients as they are for providers. These data skills are critical for analysts anywhere on the healthcare spectrum – on the clinical, pharmaceutical, risk, or management side.
Data Science in Healthcare is an 8-week, online course designed for technical professionals who have at least a moderate level of comfort with some type of analysis coding tools (such as SaS, SPSS, or R), college-level mathematics, and statistics. In this program, you will learn to:
- Use RStudio and Python analytics tools to address specific healthcare applications
- Use predictive analytics for public health issues
- Use data science to increase efficiency on the operations side
- Understand how to design precision solutions for patient care using AI
- Use predictive analytics to prevent fraud and other undesired outcomes