After the annual State of the Medical School address on May 31, Dean Duane Compton welcomed new faculty members to the Geisel Academy of Master Educators (GAME) and honored two with lifetime achievement awards.
The Geisel Academy of Master Educators are a distinguished group of faculty nominated by their colleagues here at Geisel. The awardees possess a demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and medical education. Academy members are leaders in medical education and innovation at Geisel and raise the overall quality of education by furthering the passion for excellence in teaching and learning and in mentoring faculty and residents on their journey to becoming great teachers.
“This is an exceptional group of medical educators and I’m pleased to see that their peers recognized them for their dedication and commitment to our students,” said Compton.
Students, medical residents, and fellow faculty shared personal stories about the influence and mentorship of each Master Educator they introduced.
The 2017 Academy of Master Educators inductees are:
- Steve Bensen, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine and Medical Education
- Candice Black, DO, Associate Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- Ellen Eisenberg, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Kimberly Gifford, MD, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
- Susan Harper, MD, Assistant Professor of Radiology, Assistant Dean for Medical Education
- Nancy McNulty, MD, Associate Professor of Radiology and Medical Education
The GAME Lifetime Achievement Awardees are:
- Miguel Marin-Padilla, MD, MA, Active Emeritus Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, and of Pediatrics
- John Sanders, MD, Active Emeritus Professor of Surgery