David W Mullins, PhD
Associate Professor of Medical Education
Associate Professor of Microbiology and Immunology
Associate Dean for Basic Science Integration
Chair, Geisel Academy of Master Educators
Microbiology and Immunology
BS, Biology (Microbiology), Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech), Blacksburg, VA
BS, Biochemistry,Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech), Blacksburg, VA
Ph.D., Microbiology and Immunology, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech), Blacksburg, VA
Postdoctoral, Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy, Carter Immunology Center, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
Academy of Master Faculty Educators
Molecular and Cellular Biology Graduate Programs
Norris Cotton Cancer Center
Hanover NH 03755
Office: Remsen 232
Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy, including 1) Lymphocyte Trafficking and Infiltration of Tumors, 2) Biological Therapies for Cancer, and 3) Innate Immunity in Anti-cancer Therapy.
Undergraduate Medical Education.
Rotations and Thesis Projects
- Matthew P. Alexander, Ph.D. (Ph.D., November 2017). PA Student, Mass College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences)
- Amanda Costa, M.S. (Grad Student, 2014-2017).
- Kiah Sanders, Ph.D. (PostDoc 2015-2016). Research Scientist, Merck Research Laboratories, Palo Alto, CA
- Kristen Vondrak '16 (Undergraduate Research Scholar, 2015-2016).
- Meagan Dechen, M.S. (Geisel Medical Student Scholar, 2014-15). MD Candidate, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth.
- Molly Harris-Jenkins, Ph.D. (PostDoc, 2012-2015). Research Scientist, Minerva Biotechnologies, Waltham, MA
- Eleanor Clancy-Thompson, Ph.D. (Ph.D., December 2014). Postdoctoral Fellow, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA
- Tom Perekslis (technician, 2012-14). Jackson Labs, Bar Harbor, ME
Undergrad Research Students:
- Sasha Alcon '15 (Junior/Senior Science Scholar, 2013-15). MD Student, Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine
- Julia Bratic '15 (Presidential Science Scholar, 2013-15). MD/MPH student, UT Southwestern, Dallas, TX
- Julianne Ivy '15 (Presidential Science Scholar, 2013-15).
Melanoma Research Alliance, Young Investigator Award, 2008
USPHS R01 CA134799, Role of CD8 T cell CXCR3 in the Regulation of Cancer, 2009-2014
Joanna M. Nicolay Melanoma Research Scholar Fellowship to Eleanor Clancy-Thompson, 2012-13
Joanna M. Nicolay Melanoma Research Scholar Fellowship to Matthew P. Alexander, 2013-14
Harry J. Lloyd Charitable Trust, Research Grant 2014-15
USPHS R03 CA188418, Combinatorial therapy of melanoma using T cells and site-specific Immunomodulators, 2015-2017.
USPHS R03 CA216016, Beta-adrenergic mediated suppression of T cell chemotaxis by cancers, 2017-2019.
- Medical Immunology and Virology (MICR111)
- Basic Science of Microbial Disease (MICR112)
- Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy (Geisel Enrichment Elective)
- Cellular and Molecular Basis of Immunity (MICR144), Tumor Immunology and Transplantation
- Biochemistry and Genetic Basis of Medicine (BIOC110)
The IL-20RB receptor and the IL-20 signaling pathway in regulating host defense in oral mucosal candidiasis.
Epitope spreading toward wild-type melanocyte-lineage antigens rescues suboptimal immune checkpoint blockade responses.
Distinct inactivated bacterial-based immune modulators vary in their therapeutic efficacies for treating disease based on the organ site of pathology.
A TLR7 agonist strengthens T and NK cell function during BRAF-targeted therapy in a preclinical melanoma model.
Novel Microbial-Based Immunotherapy Approach for Crohn's Disease.
LNK suppresses interferon signaling in melanoma.
Beta-glucan-induced inflammatory monocytes mediate antitumor efficacy in the murine lung.
Harnessing innate lung anti-cancer effector functions with a novel bacterial-derived immunotherapy.
CXCR3(+) monocytes/macrophages are required for establishment of pulmonary metastases.
Systematic Pan-Cancer Analysis Reveals Immune Cell Interactions in the Tumor Microenvironment.