William A. Abdu, MD, MS
Professor of Orthopaedics
Professor of The Dartmouth Institute
The Dartmouth Institute
Boston University, BA 1977
Tufts University School of Medicine, MD 1985
Dartmouth Medical School
Hanover NH 03755
1. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons/Orthopaedic Research Education Foundation. (A.A.O.S./O.R.E.F.) Health Services Research Fellowship. Awarded July, 1999.
2. Site Principle Investigator: Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center. Spine Outcomes Research Trial (SPORT). NIH Grant #U01-AR45444-01. Low Back Pain: A Multicenter Randomized Trial. Awarded 7/99. Principle Investigator, James N. Weinstein DO, MS.
3. National Spine Network, General Health Survey. DHMC Site Principle Investigator. CPHS # 12378.
4. National Spine Network, Discectomy Quality Improvement Program. DHMC Site Principle Investigator. CPHS # 14390.
5. Harmes Surgical Scholarship Award. Department of Surgery. Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. 1999-2002.
6. Alpha Omega Alpha Surgical Research Fellowship Award, Faculty Advisor to Dartmouth Medical Student Jason Fanuele. How Does Obesity Affect the Spine Patient? March, 2000.
7. Orthopaedic Research and Education Fund (OREF). Hark Lectureship Award 2002
8. Alpha Omega Alpha Surgical Research Fellowship Award, Faculty Advisor to Dartmouth Medical Student Bryan Mitchell. Impact of self-reported health on the surgical outcomes in spine patients. March 2003.
Abdu WA Comorbidity with Low Back Pain. Spine 29:13, 1492, 2004 (view details in PubMed)
Kang JD, An H, Boden S, Phillips F, Foley K, Abdu W. Cement augmentation of osteoporotic compression fractures and intraoperative navigation: summary statement. Spine. 2003 Aug 1;28(15 Suppl):S62-3. Review (view details in PubMed)
An H, Boden SD, Kang J, Sandhu HS, Abdu W, Weinstein J. Summary statement: emerging techniques for treatment of degenerative lumbar disc disease. Spine. 2003 Aug 1;28(15 Suppl):S24-5 (view details in PubMed)