Clinical Skills Growth Program (CSGP)
To ensure continued success throughout a student’s medical school experience, the Office of Learning Support and Accessibility Services will serve as a support system for students struggling academically throughout the Phase II and III curriculum with the implementation of the Clinical Skills Growth Program (CSGP). The CSGP will identify students in need of additional academic support and work to jointly developing strategies and plans for future success.
Qualifiers for CSGP Eligibility Review:
- Students who did not exit the MSGP by the end of Phase I
- Students who fail a clerkship or a clinical subject (shelf) exam
- Students who receive a “below expectations” rating on an SPE
- Students who score below the 15th percentile on a shelf exam
- Or at the recommendation of the Associate Dean for Clinical Education
Outline of CSGP Procedures:
- The Offices of Evaluation and Assessment and Clinical Education will track students who fall in the categories detailed above.
- The names of students who might qualify for the program will be forwarded to the Director of Learning Support and Accessibility Services and the Associate Dean for Clinical Education. The Director and the Associate Dean will review each case to determine if the student might benefit from the CSGP.
- If the Director and the Associate Dean agree, the Associate Dean will contact the student to notify them that they will be required to participate in the CSGP and provide a formal introduction to the Office of Learning Support and Accessibility Services.
- Students will have an initial meeting with the Director of Learning support to help create a study strategy and plan for success.
- A minimum of a monthly check-in to monitor progress will be required. The Director of Learning Support may increase the number of check-ins if deemed necessary.
- In consultation with the Associate Dean, the student and the Director will determine what goals must be reached for the student to exit the program.
- After exiting the program, students are welcome to continue to utilize services of the Office Learning Support office as desired.
- Students who have previously been in the program may be required to return to the program if their subsequent performance warrants it.
Return to Learning Services home page