State Auto Registration
As a full-time student, you are not required to change your car registration or driver's license, so the only reason to do so is to pay lower registration fees and/or insurance (but insurance usually depends on where the car is garaged anyway, not where it's registered).
If you would like to register your car in NH or obtain a NH driver's license, you should start at the Town Office in the town in which you reside. Be sure to bring along proof of ownership and a checkbook. From there you will have to go to the DMV. You can click the link to find locations convenient to you. The closest to Hanover is Claremont.
The VT DMV telephone number is (802) 828-2000. You can get a VT license at the DMV in White River Junction on certain days of the month. Visit the website for their hours and to see what documentation is required for licensing, as well as vehicle registration.
Garages and Service Stations
- Bob's Service Center (AAA), White River Junction. (802) 295-2341
- Co-op Service Center, 51 S. Park, Hanover. (603) 643-6650
- Doug's Sunoco, West Lebanon Rd (Exit 19, I-89), Lebanon. (603) 448-1885
- Flanders and Patch (Ford), Exit 19, I-89, Lebanon. (603) 448-3363
- Gateway Motors, Sykes Avenue, White River Junction. (802) 295-3124
- Gerrish Honda, Rte. 4, Lebanon. (603) 448-6969
- Midas Muffler and Brake Shop, Rte. 12A, West Lebanon. (603) 298-8741
- Miller Chevy, Volvo, Geo, VW, Rte. 120, Hanover Rd, Lebanon.(603) 448-3770
- Northern Motorsport (German Auto Specialist). (802) 296-2099
- Wilson Tire, Rte. 120, Lebanon (free shuttle service). (603) 448-4541