New Hampshire Chapter of the Society for Neuroscience
We, as a state-wide neuroscience community, engage in:
- Providing a professional setting and forum for nurturing and enhancing Neuroscience careers,
- Neuroscientists at all stages of their career (undergraduate, graduate, post doctoral and faculty) will be able to share information, ideas, and support each other.
- Planned academic and social events throughout the year will provide opportunities to meet and network with other neuroscientists within New Hampshire universities and colleges. These events include:
- The annual Neuroscience Day at Dartmouth; Awards are given for the best student/postdoc presentations
- A New Hampshire Neuroscience Chapter picnic
- A series of thematic workshops titled "Current Topics in Neuroscience". This workshop series, held 3-4 times a year, will highlight advances in the neurosciences and new techniques or experimental approaches.
- Promoting a greater understanding of the brain and nervous system
- To provide members of the New Hampshire chapter opportunities to reach out to the public beyond the higher education sector, introduce neuroscience to the general community, and raise public awareness through outreach initiatives such as brain awareness week.
- Work with the Dartmouth Office of Outreach and the Montshire Science Museum to hold events that highlight ongoing neuroscience research within the New Hampshire Chapter.
Currently, the New Hampshire Chapter of Society for Neuroscience (SFN) will sponsor or co-sponsor:
- Dartmouth Neuroscience Day
- Brain Awareness Week
- SFN Reception at the annual meeting (NOLA 2012)
- Thematic workshop series, "Current Topics in Neuroscience"
We continue to evolve, and welcome suggestions to enhance the activities of the New Hampshire Chapter of the Society for Neuroscience.
The fee rate for membership is as follows:
|Post Doctoral Fellow:||$15.00/year|
NH Chapter of the Society for Neuroscience 2011-2012 Elected Officers
For more information please contact:
Michelle A. Sama PhD
Neuroscience Center at Dartmouth
506 E Borwell Bldg