Welcome Science Scholars!
In this program, you will receive thorough guidance to secure research opportunities in the basic science and/or translational fields of your interest. Over the past four years, Science Scholars have successfully acquired funding for research both here at Dartmouth as well as at other institutions across the country, including Cornell, Harvard/MIT, Jackson Laboratory, Johns Hopkins, UCSF, and Dana Farber Cancer Institute. Research honors awarded to previous Science Scholars include:
- Alpha Omega Alpha Carolyn L. Kuckein Research Fellowship
- American Academy of Pediatrics Summer Internship
- American Association for Thoracic Surgery Summer Internship
- American Brain Tumor Association Summer Fellowship
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute Summer Fellowship
- Massachusetts General Hospital Summer Research Training Program
- National Institutes of Health Summer Internship
Click here for the comprehensive list of summer research opportunities. Periodic workshops throughout the year will also help you develop important long term skills for becoming strong investigation-oriented physician trainees. These sessions cover many topics such as CV writing, grant writing, and poster design and presentation.
Please do not hesitate to contact your assigned upperclassmen mentors with any questions!
Science Scholars Orientation for the 2016-2017 academic year will be on September 29th, 2016 at 12:15 PM
Please check your email for any changes or updates!
Science Scholar applications for the 2016-2017 academic year are now available here.
The application deadline is October 9th 11:55 PM
We look forward to working with you!