Board of Overseers
The Board of Overseers acts in an advisory role to the Geisel School of Medicine through the Dean of the Medical School, the President of Dartmouth College, and the Board of Trustees of Dartmouth College. Principal responsibilities of the Board are to counsel / advise on matters including strategic planning, medical education, finance/budget, research, philanthropy, and more.
The Board of Overseers acts on behalf of the Board of Trustees of Dartmouth College to assess / evaluate / appraise periodically the programs of the School in light of its missions and its relationships to the College and to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. The Board also reviews Geisel's budget.
Current Board Members
Ex Officio Members
- Alfred Montoya, MHA, Director, White River Junction Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Sarah G. Johansen, MD, (MED '90), President, Geisel School of Medicine Alumni Council
- Philip J. Hanlon, PhD, (DC '77), President, Dartmouth College
- Richard G. Mills, Executive Vice President, Dartmouth College
- Duane Compton, PhD, Dean, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
- Carolyn Dever, PhD, Provost, Dartmouth College
For more information, please contact Faith Goodness at 603-650-1555 or Faith.R.Goodness@Dartmouth.edu.