Two-thirds community-based; one-third DHMC campus-based.
MEDICAL STUDENTS (Required Courses)
- On Doctoring: A Longitudinal Clinical Experience (LCE) Years I&II (4 hours per week throughout)
- Epidemiology/Biostatistics Year I - 36 hours
- Family Practice Clerkship Year III - 8 weeks
- Health, Society and the Physician Year IV - 5 weeks (60% time)
- Maine-Dartmouth Family Practice Residency - Augusta/Waterville (31 residents, 1 fulltime and 2 half time Geriatric Fellows, 2 NMM+1 Fellows and 2 Sports Medicine Fellows)
- New Hampshire-Dartmouth Family Practice Residencies (24 residents and 7 Preventive Medicine Residents)
- DHMC Leadership Preventive Medicine Residency (11)
- Dartmouth Primary Care Cooperative Project (Dartmouth COOP): An effective and productive alliance for coordinated primary care research /teaching throughout Northern New England
- Office of Community-Based Research and Education (OCER): Regional Workshops and Technical Assistance
- New Hampshire Area Health Education Center
JOINT DEGREE PROGRAMS
- MPH, MS, PhD with Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice
- MD/MBA, MPH/MBA, Clinical Fellows/MBA, PhD/MBA with Tuck School of Business
- PhD in Quantitative Biological Sciences with Genetics
2013 - 2014 Annual Sponsored Activities Budget $49.4 Million (Direct Costs only). Includes awards either administered by C&FM or for which PI's primary appointment is in C&FM.
- Epidemiology and Biostatistics (joint with Cancer Center, Environmental Studies and other clinical departments)
- Primary Care Research (including Prevention, Aging, and Medical Home development)
- Mental Health Services Research (joint with Psychiatry)
- Nursing Research
- Health Services Research/Outcomes (joint with Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice)
- Primary care provided under Dartmouth Hitchcock Clinic: Family Medicine, Geriatrics, Women's Health, Sports Medicine
- Primary care provided by community-based faculty throughout Northern New England.
- Administrative Leadership and staffing of Dartmouth Hitchcock Regional Primary Care Center
- Family Medicine Clerkship - ranked by students as one of the best Dartmouth Medical School required clerkship experiences for over ten years.
- As a group, DMS students' scores are higher in the field of Preventive Medicine (National Boards, Part II) than in any other field.
- Second largest sponsored NIH research budget of any such department in the nation.
- Thirteen department faculty (full, part-time, Emeriti) elected to membership in the National Academy of Science's Institute of Medicine (Batalden, Daulaire, Dentzer, Dietrich, Fisher, Jemison, Koop, Rosenthal, Skinner, Sox, Wennberg, Weinstien, Zubkoff)
- Two Dartmouth College faculty elected to membership in the National Academy of Science's Institute of Medicine through nomination by department (Kim, Mulley)
- Drs. Morrow and Pipas were both nominated and elected to the Geisel Teaching Academy
- Department cited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education as "an outstanding example of excellence in academic pursuits and community-based teaching, made all the more prominent by its wide ranging nationally recognized research programs...a resource for faculty from other sectors of the Medical School."